Author Topic: canadian/australian universities that accept igcse and/or AS/A level results??  (Read 6206 times)

Offline unknown 101

• SF Joker
  • SF Master
  • FEELING GREATER THAN EVERR :D
hello :)

does anyone know any universities or colleges in canada or australia that DO accpet the AS/A level resuts ?? preferably the uni/college which has dentisty courses in them!!

thanks in advance :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but almost all universities in Canada and Australia accept AS/A-Level results. So just search for dentistry courses in Canada and Australia in different universities and I'm sure you'll find a bunch to pick from.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline unknown 101

• SF Joker
  • SF Master
im comin from saudi... and i did 2 AL sbjects ( chem and bio ) and 8 O-level subject.... so is that enough or do i need other sbjects?? and can u please name some of them?? ( not public though )

thank you :)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
Almost all universities abroad are public universities. And contrary to the situation in Middle Eastern and Asian countries, the public universities are better than private ones. Of course, they are usually some of the best universities in the country and are not community colleges, which are something to be wary of.

Canadian Universities
University of British Columbia
University of Toronto
McGill University

Australian Universities
Charles Sturt University
Griffith University
University of Adelaide
University of Melbourne
University of Newcastle
University of Queensland
University of Sydney
University of Western Australia

Even though I have not gone through every university, I did a bit of reading and I think you will need to take up an extra A-Level subject, preferably A-Level Mathematics.

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
u guys i have 8 O LEVELS and 3 AS.........(mind u not full alevel) ok?
i need to know the universities which have an architecture major in canada and america that accept AS only, any ideas????
am studying in UAE currently......but thinking about a transfer thx ;)
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Freaked12

hello :)

does anyone know any universities or colleges in canada or australia that DO accpet the AS/A level resuts ?? preferably the uni/college which has dentisty courses in them!!

thanks in advance :)

I advice you to stick to Egypt :). You would simply freak out with the admission procedure which is quite lengthy.

Offline unknown 101

• SF Joker
  • SF Master
I advice you to stick to Egypt :). You would simply freak out with the admission procedure which is quite lengthy.

i was gonna stick to egypt but those asswipes arent acceptin anyone who has only 11 years of education -__-
so im lookinn for alternatives!!

Freaked12

i was gonna stick to egypt but those asswipes arent acceptin anyone who has only 11 years of education -__-
so im lookinn for alternatives!!

I hope you have a close relative iwho has studied Ungrad in a Foreign university.
because every country has different and quite complex procedures.

England has UCAS website which is the only way you can get admission to a university in England.

in Australia each state has a different admission portal through which you can gain admission. But Their websites are very good.
try searching for them in google.

University of Melbourne is the best i have heard
Along with University of Sydney and Monash.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:06:17 am by Requiem »

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
u guys i have 8 O LEVELS and 3 AS.........(mind u not full alevel) ok?
i need to know the universities which have an architecture major in canada and america that accept AS only, any ideas????
am studying in UAE currently......but thinking about a transfer thx ;)
I haven't come across a single Canadian university which would accept 3 AS subjects, and I'm pretty sure you won't score on the US universities' scale either. Either sit in a full A-Level or stay where you are.  :-\

elemis

I haven't come across a single Canadian university which would accept 3 AS subjects, and I'm pretty sure you won't score on the US universities' scale either. Either sit in a full A-Level or stay where you are.  :-\

Or do your SATs

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
The Canadians, British and teh Australians accept the A Levels, but the Yanks (Americans) do not.

I hope that helps. Also, if you are inquiring about the TOEFL, then if you achieve a score of more than 550 on the SAT, then you do not need your TOEFLS.

Hope that helps.

Offline Nexus

• SF Immigrant
  • There is no substitute for Truth
HEY ,
u better do Maths for A Levels cause many universities require Maths as a AL subject for many of their courses!!
_____Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction_____